IQ Buddy takes data protection seriously – as part of our own claim to provide a high-quality and convincing service to our customers.
Therefore, we also refrain from using the web analytics service Google Analytics, for example.
In advance: IQ Buddy enriches content multilingually with contextually accurate and very quickly available information and many functions, making the content far more understandable and learnable. Belingoo also generates individual language and knowledge courses from the user’s content according to personal needs.
It is obvious that courses generated individually according to personal needs represent a high personal benefit for the user – but that this requires a certain amount of collection, storage and processing of personal data: e.g. what is of interest, from which content should the course be built, what is the level of knowledge of vocabulary or e.g. grammar exercises, with which exercise was trained or what is the learning progress. The use of the learning functions requires a registration and login, so that we can use this data accordingly.
The basic function “Better understanding” does not require registration and login. With registration and login, the user can make use of further services and, for example, also make personal settings in the “Better Understanding” area: which explanatory language and which language level he wants to use. In addition, he can, for example, store his favorite titles and text passages in his collection and recommend IQ Buddy, special vocabulary or exercises to friends via email or social services.
IQ Buddy is a freemium service. Some features are free and as usual the service is financed by advertisements – our goal is to display them as useful and informative as possible for the user. However, IQ Buddy does not track user behavior for third-party advertising purposes and does not provide any personal data to advertising service providers.
1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior, language or native language. The native language is used to display the subtitles in the language that suits you.
(2) The responsible party pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) is
IQ Buddy GmbH
(see our imprint).
Contact option of the data protection officer: You can reach our data protection officer at privacy (at) iqbuddy.com or our postal address with the addition of “the data protection officer”.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
Right to information
Right to correction or deletion,
Right to restriction of processing,
Right to object to processing,
right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) In the case of mere informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
The host name of the accessing computer (the IP address assigned to you).
Date and time of the server request
Content of the request (specific page)
access status/HTTP status code
amount of data transferred in each case
Website from which the request came (referrer URL)
type and version of the browser you are using
the name of the operating system you are using;
No other data is collected by the web server program when a request is made by a browser.
Collection and storage of the web server’s log data
The log data of the web server are stored for a period of seven days when you visit the website and then deleted.
(2) In addition to the previously mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and through which the body that sets the cookie (in this case by us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
Transient cookies (for this purpose b)
Persistent cookies (c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified period of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not collected by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your terminal device. These objects store the required data independently of the browser you are using and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, such as “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. In addition, we recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually.
4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive more information about this when you provide your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time. Such revocation affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the performance of a contract with you, which is shown by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will review the situation and either discontinue or adjust the data processing or show you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your advertising objection using the following contact details:
IQ Buddy GmbH
-> see imprint
6 Use of our portal
(1) If you wish to use our portal, you must register by providing your e-mail address, a password of your choice, and a user name of your choice. There is no obligation to use a clear name; pseudonymous use is possible. We use the so-called double-opt-in procedure for registration, i.e. your registration is only completed once you have confirmed your registration by clicking on the link contained in a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose. If your confirmation is not received within 48 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted from our database. The provision of the aforementioned data is mandatory, all other information you can provide voluntarily by using our portal.
(2) If you use our portal, we store your data required for the fulfillment of the contract, including information on the method of payment, until you finally delete your access. Furthermore, we store the voluntary data you provide for the duration of your use of the portal, unless you delete it beforehand. You can manage and change all information in the protected customer area. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
(3) If you use the portal, your data may become accessible to other participants of the portal in accordance with the contractual performance. Non-registered members will not receive any information about you. For all registered members, your username and photo (if available) are visible, regardless of whether you have shared them. In contrast, your entire profile with the data you have shared is visible to all members who have confirmed you as a personal contact (if available). If you make content available to your personal contacts that you do not send by means of a private message, this content is visible to third parties, provided that your personal contact has given the release (if available). If you post contributions in public groups, these are visible to all registered members of the portal (if available).
(4) To prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, especially financial data, the connection is encrypted using TLS technology.
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers.
(2) For the registration to our newsletter we use the so-called double-opt-in procedure. This means that after your registration, we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 48 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your respective IP addresses used and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DS-GVO.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare the revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by email to stopnewsletter(at)belingoo.com or by sending a message to the contact details provided in the imprint.
(5) We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behavior when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the emails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are single-pixel image files stored on our website. For the evaluations, we link the data mentioned in § 3 and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each e-mail or by informing us via another contact channel. The information will be stored for as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter. After unsubscribing, we store the data purely statistically and anonymously. Moreover, such tracking is not possible if you have deactivated the display of images by default in your e-mail program. In this case, the newsletter will not be fully displayed to you and you may not be able to use all functions. If you display the images manually, the above-mentioned tracking will take place.
8 Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are on www.YouTube.comgespeichert and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment with your profile at YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
9 Language Technology and Learning Functions
(1) IQ Buddy’s language technology generates value-added services in IQ Buddy’s online offer and integrated in offers of third parties. These consist of the display and storage of translated words, word combinations and sentences, the explanation of interesting facts and technical terms.
(2) The user has the possibility to store explanations that are interesting for him in a personal vocabulary and knowledge box; this vocabulary and knowledge box is operated by IQ Buddy contnet-wide and serves the qualification and management of language and knowledge skills.
This information about you as a user is only used by belingoo if you call up the functions in the belingoo flag, the IQ Buddy vocabulary and knowledge box or the cockpit or the belingoo app and have registered and logged in beforehand.
(3) By visiting the website of third parties that have integrated IQ Buddy, IQ Buddy receives the information that you have called up the corresponding sub-page of this website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether IQ Buddy provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists.
IQ Buddy stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of its own advertising, market research and/or needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) for the provision of needs-based advertising. However, IQ Buddy does not transmit personal data to third parties for advertising purposes. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles. To exercise this right, please contact stopiqbuddyad(at)iqbuddy.com. In this case, IQ buddy reserves the right to require a payment subscription for the further use of the Belingoo services.
(4) IQ Buddy processes your personal data on servers within Germany.
10 Duration and storage
The duration of the storage of personal data is measured by the respective legal retention period. After expiration of the period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, provided that they are no longer required for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of the contract and/or there is no continued legitimate interest on our part in the continued storage. If the exercise of intervention rights requires deletion, the corresponding data will be deleted immediately.